About Me

My photo
What happens when you fall in love?
Last FM
Tumblr
deviantART

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Never Never Land

That picture saying "Approach everything new with curiosity, not with fear" might be the cornerstone of my approach to things. Really, it has changed so much ever since I saw it. Haven't updated my blog too often(that's because I was visiting the UK for a moment), but it's been so right each and every time. First of all, it's definitely flying. Never would I think that it's such a great feeling. Really. Of course, at first I was all nervous and everything but since I got into the plane it all changed. From the moment of liftoff, it was just surreal. I simply hate landing, because I'd much rather be up there than down here. The feeling you get by being right on top of your dreams, of your fluffy dreams, being up there in the blue, higher than anybody, in the freedom you've never ever enjoyed before. Those are just some of the hings that make flying so... flying-like. In all seriousness, I feel better in a plane than in any car, bus or trolley.

And secondly, it's the approach I only understood when I had to leave. For the time being there, I approached everything negatively (yeah, I know, I'm that kind of a guy), just when I got out and traveled a bit more I understood the false approach I was having. As much as I wanted to go home in the beginning, I also wanted to feel the vibe of the British big cities. And yes, I loved them (Manchester & Leeds). When I was there, a track kept playing in my head which now is officially the anthem of the two cities :) I also loved Manchester-Leeds train journey, I think I'll never forget it. Really never.



I feel that I've got so much to write, but I just don't know what to write, lol. I fell in love with Dr. Pepper and Lilt which we don't have down here. Awesome. I also finally visited my first comic book shop in Leeds and got a nice pair (well, not pair actually, because I did get three of them) of graphic novels. Moar awesome. And I bought some of the English books I've been anticipating for some time, ha, yes, even Alfred Lord Tennyson's poetry. I loved English shopping as much as I hated it. It was certainly different. Didn't get the much wanted SLR, of course and also, didn't get any picture of Leeds, dammit. No worries, that's a reason to visit it again, I think. And I still have to take you to a ride on the wheel of Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment