About Me

My photo
What happens when you fall in love?
Last FM
Tumblr
deviantART

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Montréal-Band-A-Thon

A new year, a new decade, a new period in my life has started. Yay! So what now? Of course, some badass-motherfucking stuff has to be done. So what do I do? Completely nothing... Ok, just for the starters, I... yyyaaeeehh I still didn't do anything.

So now I'm kind of doing this Montréal-Band-A-Thon where I'm listening several bands from the city of Montréal. Now, how badass can it be? Pretty much, let me tell you. Though I've only listened to 3 bands [Malajube, The Stills and The Dears], they did convince me of how superior people of Montréal really are compared to the rest of the world. The band that was the most convincing was Malajube and to describe them I'll have to quote a random Last.fm user: "can't understand anything, good music though."- convincing, isn't it? 'Montréal -40°C' was the song from the canadiens that really got me, it just flows, as if something god-like would've touched it.
The Stills, on the other hand, are English Canadian band. It's really one of those bands where you can clearly say- "Yes, it's indie rock", not the The Kooks type of 'indie rock with funky accent', but the indie rock we hear more often, kind of like maybe The Shins... Nothing bad with that, I love em'.
The Dears are more post-punk, folk type of band (e.g. The Walkmen). They are convincingly the calmest ones, or at least it's what I heard from their 'No Cities Left' album. Though I clearly need to listen them more to give some proper judgments on how they tend to perform their work.

I might even make a header picture for this blog sometime soon. Who knows what's in Santa's bag?

God I miss the good old hockey where Canadian teams were dominating... : /

No comments:

Post a Comment